Top Ten Tuesday is an original (and seriously awesome) feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish.
I am excited to keep participating in this meme because the topics just keep getting better and better (and more challenging) each week.
This week's topic is...
Top Ten Books On My TBR List For Winter
Okay, some of these are on my TBRR list and not just my TBR list, because I've already read them, fallen in love with them and can't wait to devour them again.
Some are also books releasing this spring that I happen to have early copies of, but they're on my TBR winter reads list, so they I'm including them.
So, of course both of these things cut down my list of favorite winter release reads and prevent me from listing books like Legend, Cinder, Dead to You or Charmfall, which I also can't wait to read this winter.
This may be a list of my top ten reads, but they are in no particular order. I want to read (or re-read) all ten of them.
1. A Touch Morbid by Leah Clifford is a book I just read and reviewed, but I'm already dying to read again. I'd been so desperate to read this book that I might have read it a touch faster than I normally would have, and so I want to go back again and read it a little more carefully. Just in case I missed any hints at what I can expect in the next book, due out in 2013.
2. Everneath by Brodi Ashton was a book I read, but definitely must re-read this winter. Not only because I read it strictly for pleasure and have to re-read it for review, but because I seriously loved it that much! I can't wait to read those passages about Cole and Nikki and Jack. This is probably the only series where I am almost evenly split between the two fic boys.
3. Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood has been on my radar for awhile and I'm dying to toss my current reading pile to the side just so I can start this book. It sounds dark and dangerous and yep, wicked. And I just recently started falling in love with books about witches, so I can't wait to read this one.
4. Fever by Lauren DeStefano has been screaming at me to be read from my book tower. I was dying to get my hands on a copy and when a super nice blogger (Jaime) got me one at a conference, I wanted to move it right to the top of my list. But sadly, I've had to wait, though it is totally a book for the top of my winter TBR pile.
5. Shattered Souls by Mary Lindsey is another book I'm dying to re-read. I had to send my ARC back to the person I traded for it and haven't yet got it back, or I would already have re-read it. As it releases next week, I'm popping this book right back on the top of my TBRR list for winter.
6. Immortal City by Scott Speer is another book I am super excited to have as one of my top ten books to read this winter. I heard about it while stalking the catalogs and managed to get a copy through a trade. I haven't had a chance to read many books about angels lately and I'm just dying get my fix. And this book sounds like it will do the job nicely.
7. Incarnate by Jodi Meadows is yet another book I'm absolutely dying to read. Everyone is starting to read it now and saying nothing but amazing things about it. And it's killing me. Pure torture. So you can bet I am including this book in my top ten.
8. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi had me at the tagline. I didn't end up requesting it because I was worried about not getting to read it by release date, but that amazing blogger (Jaime) sent me a copy. So, while the pressure is off for a specific review date and time, that doesn't mean that the self-inflicted pressure is. Because I heard so many great things about this book I've just had to add it to my list of top ten reads.
9. Hallowed by Cynthia Hand has been on my list of top ten reads since the second I put down Unearthly last year. I can't believe I haven't read it already, as it's been on my tower for a few weeks now. Since I haven't yet read it, and winter is right around the corner, this book definitely makes the top ten list.
10. Wings of the Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulton may be listed last, but it's definitely not least, on my top ten list of winter reads. The wait has been way too long for this sequel. I miss Ellie and Will and Cadan and I wish I could dive into this winter read now. Though I may re-read Angelfire first just because I want to.
While I managed to come up with ten books that are at the top of my winter TBR, they're really in my top twenty. I've checked, and there are twenty books I'd kill to read this winter.
Though, I'm sure if I thought about it just a little longer, there are way more than twenty....
Anyway, I'd love to see what your top tens are, so feel free to leave a link in the comments!